Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In the beginning...

This afternoon I wanted to talk about a specific photo.  One that is very special to both Paul and I.


This photograph is titled "The Lamp" and it was taken off the shore of Lake Ontario in Rochester, NY on September 28th, 2011.  It's special to us both because this photo is number one in our catalog.  This was the photo that inspired both Paul and myself to start P&G Photography back in Philadelphia, PA.  Who knew if we would be successful or not, but what is life without some risks.

When I am out doing landscape photography, I always have a copy of this photo with me.  The photo is a constant reminder of our beginnings, but more importantly, because it was such a difficult photo to take, it's a reminder to have patience and envision the photograph before I even hold the camera up.   Is it framed the way I want it?  How's the light?  How's the shadows? Etc.etc.etc.  If you heard my brain before I took a photo, it would sound like the floor of the NY Stock Exchange.

This is a limited edition of 20 (total) and 17 are sold. We are blessed to have #4 of 20 to be hanging in the gallery of my dear friend and mentor Evla Vlasic in Bratislava, Slovakia.  (I will talk more about her in a later post).   If you are interested in one of the three remaining copies of this photo, please e-mail us at info@pgphotographystudio.com or call Greg at (610) 217.1798

Bye for now.

Paul & Greg

www.pgphotographystudio.com

Please like us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/PGPhotographyStudio

No comments:

Post a Comment